Saturday, September 11, 2010

Welcome to my World

I have decided to write about myself as I was growing up, thru my eyes.
I am sure the stories have a different flavor thru the eyes of my sisters and brother.
That is a good thing. What I see as a treasure for me may well be unpleasant for them, and vice-versa.
It will not be all sugar and sweetness.
It will not be all ugly and sour.
It will, however, be brutally honest, as I see it thru my eyes.
I want this for my kids.
I want them to know me as I was, and as a result of that, who I am.
It is also something I need to do for myself.
I feel that the only way to get beyond or past something is to embrace that very thing.
It is taking ownership of it and with that you have the right to let go of it (the ugly and sour), or keep it (the sweet and sugary).
I will be doing that very thing as I write. Owning and letting go and keeping and storing.
It will NOT be in chronological order.
My mind is NOT that good.
My thoughts will be written as I remember them.
I want to include things of interest to me that were "born" of that era and into my young or not so young adult life. This could be anything from pictures of things I've made to items of interest to me.
Random would be the key thought here.

So . . . . buckle in, sit back and enjoy the ride. Feel free to close your eyes at the scary parts - and by all means feel free to laugh at whatever tickles your fancy!

1 comment:

  1. I am buckled in and ready for the ride! And, I can't wait to see where we go!

    ReplyDelete