Thursday, November 25, 2010

Thanks - Giving


I love this platter. I love everything about it. Its cracks, the blue birds and the way it's glazed. My mom gave it to me when I first got married. Her mom gave it to her. I don't know if it went further back than that, but it's fun pretending it did!

The only times I ever remember Mom using it was at Thanksgiving. She baked her stuffing on it, even with the cracks. Homemade stuffing. My kids won't eat homemade. The thought of having the turkey liver diced up in it doesn't appeal to them. But I like it. Very much. My mom never used a recipe, so I had to watch very closely and be mindful of what she put in her stuffing. It never tastes like hers, but sometimes I come close. Sometimes. Other times, well, lets just say it's edible but not Mom's! Come to think of it - Mom didn't use recipes for many things!


Thanks Mom for giving me this platter. Every time I look at it, it specifically reminds me of Thanksgivings of yester-year. And that is not a bad thing!

1 comment:

  1. Lovely. I was just thinking how much I wish my grandmas were here to make their stuffing...I love memories and the things that bring memories with them like your beautiful platter. Happy Thanksgivng dear, dear friend!

    ReplyDelete