One of my favorite recess games was the "Hand Clapping" game!
The nice thing about it was you only had to have you and one other clapper!
These are the two "Clapping Rhymes" I remember clearly:
Three, six, nine,
The goose drank wine
The monkey chewed tobacco
On the street car line.
The line broke
The monkey got choked
And they all went to Heaven
In a little row boat!
Clap, Clap
And. . . . .
I L-O-V-E, love you,
With a K-I-S-S, kiss you
With a D-A-R-T, dart, dart, dart
With a D-A-R-T, dart!
Not sure what triggered these memories, but thought I would brighten your day with a little
Clapping tune!
PS - It's okay if think the first one is inappropriate for little ones. I for one can vouch that it is extremely safe - I turned out okay - I don't drink wine, chew tobacco, or travel on street cars!
(But if I did - it wouldn't be the fault of this cute little clapping rhyme! - just sayin')
No comments:
Post a Comment