Enough said. No, not really. I have more to say about this.
A few weeks ago I started "researching" cod liver oil and it's benefits (if any).
I knew I was going to blog about it. Someday. Well, today is the day.
Sometimes I just have to get the right "prompt" to get me moving.
I subscribe ~ via email ~ to "Real Age" by Dr. Oz. I felt I could beat the odds by taking the "real age test". If you don't want your bubble burst, stay away from said test. My body, apparently, is older than I am. It did nothing for my psyche, but to make me want to reverse the verdict. (It didn't say I was any the wiser for the "extra" years I magically accumulated.) I also subscribe to the daily emailed newsletter. And boy, do they have news for me! I AM a glutton for punishment.
Today's letter started off by telling me how smart my mom may have been if she had given me cod liver oil as a child. Has he been osmosing into my mind??? As it were, she did give us poor kids our daily dose of Cod. Liver. Oil. It's hard to say all at once. Hard. To. Say.
For some unknown reason, Mom found it quite necessary to inflict undue stress upon us three babies by means of Cod. Liver. Oil.
Here's the scenario:
First she brings out "The Bottle". I don't know what "brand" mom used, but the stuff was in a dark brown, glass bottle. I know now why it was so cleverly disguised. I'm not even sure I could accurately describe the taste. But I know it is one I will likely never forget. To say it was oily would be an understatement for sure.
Then she lined us up like dominoes. This is NOT us. It COULD have been us for all intents and purposes. Notice how the "mom" is smiling. Notice the poor little fella behind the anxious little girl with her mouth open ~ she's apparently not had Cod. Liver. Oil. before ~ but, our little guy knows what's what. His face says it all.
Then we are instructed to O P E N w-i-d-e! If you could only imagine our angst. It was wailing and gnashing of teeth ~ well, not really gnashing of teeth ~ more like clenching of teeth! A tablespoon for each!
But mom was no fool, no sir-re-bob, not her. She knew after kid one, that it would be like mutiny on a ship. We would bail, spanking or no spanking ~ we would do our best to leave that kitchen. So. . . . the bribe was. . . . hot, sweet, coffee served in the tumbler she drank her coffee in every day. The first one "served" soon learned he had access to the most coffee! Hm. . . . let's just think about this. Hold your nose, and down the hatch she goes! Downside - think of Survivor". We had to open our mouths to show an empty crevice before we got our "reward". Now mind you, our daily allotment of Cod. Liver. Oil. was given at bedtime. Think about it ~ caffeine and three young children ~ did they shoot themselves in the foot on this one? Hm.
I have would consider taking it again. In gel tablet form. I know it is very good for you. They say it can stave off the thing that may affect alzheimers. Sorry ~ I'm not very scientific. I'm sure it's good for other stuff too. My mom was smart. Yep, she was. Who'd thunk it?


Ha! I was laughing out loud at this one! Cod.Liver.Oil. Oh my gosh! But, now I am thinking I need to take some!
ReplyDelete