Tuesday, August 21, 2012

Time

Time.  It creeps up on you.  It catches you off guard.  It mocks you.  It makes you nervous and anxious if you see it fleeing from you.  It has no mercy.  It is elusive, without control and taunting.  It knows no boundaries.  It messes with your memory.  And  . . .  it can be demanding. 

I have been busy blogging about my summer over on my other blog before I forget some of those little details that make life smile.  And I need to do it before Time gets too far away and causes me to forget. It does that to me these days.  Messes with my mind.  Nasty thing, Time.  So I "put pen to paper", as it were, starting my journal of events about the summer.  I decided to stop at three posts over there because I was weary and I thought it might be a little "over kill".  That's when I noticed the date.

Time ~ it stands still for no one. We are all subject to it's march on life.  Pressing forward as if it had some place to go.  Taking us with it, no matter how much we resist.  And reminding us of what is left behind.  Every single day of our lives gets left behind by Time.  But we cling to it as if by some generous means, it will allow us to barter with it.  But not so. 

Thirty-four years ~ seems like yesterday ~ I remember clearly, unexpectedly.  Time hasn't stolen this memory.  It probably never will.  It matters not to him.  Not in the least.  It is concentrating on tomorrow.

The loss of a mom ~ even one that struggles with her own world ~ is hard.  It's even harder when it happens in a flash ~ no warning ~ no preparation ~ no Time.  No Time to say "I love you."  No Time to say "I'm sorry."  No Time to right any wrongs.  No.  More. Time.

No comments:

Post a Comment