"The devil must be beating his wife." mom would say when it would be raining to beat the band and the sun would be shining like crazy at the same time! Usually they were just brief rain showers.
The words themselves conjured up many visions in my young mind.
I was never quite sure what to make of them. Mostly because I couldn't understand why the rain was coming "down" when I thought the devil's home was "down". Curious thing.
But, alas, times necessitate the use of that very phrase.
Like today:
The sun has shone the whole time it's rained. And boy has it rained. Buckets full. And not just a quick passing shower, either. It has rained for about an hour and a half so far.
All I can say is, she must have been one ornery gal today for it to have been sunny and raining at the same time for this long. I bet she'll learn to behave better! But probably not!
No comments:
Post a Comment